Here is the right hand view of my 80 gallon aquarium. My setup is as follows:

Tank lifespan: Saltwater fish since 1999, corals since 2002.

Fish: 2 anemone fish, 1 flame angel, 1 coral beauty, 1 sailfin blenny, Yellow Tang

Corals: Green Stary Polyps, Encrusting Gorgonea, blue mushrooms, green mushrooms, green hairy mushrooms, 6 rose bubble tip anemones,

Invertibrates: 5 hermit crabs (2 scarlet leg, 3 blue leg), nassarias snails, cerith snails, turbo snails, cap snails, other snails, feather dusters. 2 crabs that I caught while in Point Baker Alaska - they are still alive and doing well today - amazing that they lived after being transferred from 40 degree water to 70 degree water.

Deep Sand Bed 4-5" of varied granule sizes. Top layer (top 1" or so) is Utah Oolitic sand.Filtration Chemical: Seachem Purigen

Filtration Mechanical: US Aquariums Venturi Protein Skimmer (been discontinued for years), water changes (5 gallons) once every other month or less.

Filtration Biological: Live Rock (70 lbs), Deep Sand Bed, IN aquarium refugium - home made where macro algae is grown and Seachem Purigen bag is kept below intake tube

Additives: Salt, Probiotic on occasion as needed, Kent Marine Liquid reactor 1 capful every other week, may need to increase this dose.

Lighting: Odyssea Compact Flourescent Hood w/ 4 lunar lights. Two 12k 65 watt and two actinic 65 watt bulbs. 12k, actinics, and Lunar lights are on separate timers. In tank refugium uses 20" flourescent strip light with 18" daylight bulb. Refugium has been lit 24/7 for past two years. I just recently switched to lighting during night time to experiment with results.

What I would like to see/hear from you:
I would love to see posts and descriptions of your tank and set up. I am also very interested in getting a powder blue tang or a blue face angel and want advice and recommendations on how to be successful with either of these choices based upon my set up.

No comments:

Old Posts