Below are few pics from my once in a lifetime Moose hunt east of Huntsville, UT. Shot the moose 25 minutes after leaving camp right at dawn. Beautiful moose. Myself, my dad, my wife's cousin and the property manager were all present. It was an 83 yard shot using a Winchester 270 w/ 150 grain bulletts traveling approximately 2800 fps. One shot through the lungs is all it took to down him. He only staggered about 50 yards or so before collapsing. It was a fun hunt. We netted 468 pounds of meat after the butcher was all done w/ the moose. It's the best game meat I have EVER had! In fact it's the second best meat period I have eat'n second only to buffalo! Enjoy the pics.

1 comment:
Alright! Now we're all in blogging world. Glad to see the updates! The funny thing is, I remember reading that first post about your fish tank, and then (not familiar with blogs myself back then) forgot that you had one... No longer, we'll check for updates often!
Post a Comment