Friends

11.9.08

This past weekend was SUPERFUN for my hub & I; mostly *I*. Here's why. We went to SLC for a reunion with my old college roomies (the B-10 Babes) at Chili's. We lived together 15 years ago and (some of us) haven't seen each other for 5 years, so it was a GREAT TIME! We were driving past Ogden before my hub said, "I'm surprised you didn't bring your camera."
I wanted to turn around and go get it. I was so mad.

Mary is the one that pulled it all together, being the one who wanted us all to meet her new HUSBAND Leon! She was sure she shocked us by finally getting married after all these years, but really the shocker was that she was not married after all these years. She is one of the coolest people I know, and she is absolutely beautiful. (just ask Leon, he couldn't quit looking at her the whole dinner). So Mary is doing great.... I give my thumbs up to Leon. *approved*

Holly is a supermom of 5 kids with a Bishop husband (going on 6 years as bishop), a scrapbooker and hasn't changed a bit since college. She has the most beautiful laugh and it was so good to hear it again. She is hoping she can re-kindle a relationship with her husband soon, as he can't continue to be bishop for the rest of his life!

Melissa also hasn't changed a bit. She is also a supermom of 3 princesses (seriously, she can't get them to dress up as anything else for Halloween). She surprised me with the story of her second daughter: diagnosed with a horrible cancer at 5 months old, a bone marrow transplant at 10 months old and who is now 4 years old and cancer-free. Melissa has no idea how she made it through that trial of her life. WOW!

Kobi NEVER ceases to amaze me. She graduated in Social work and has been working in that field for all these years. Recently she changed jobs so she could become a FOSTER PARENT! She showed up with two gorgeous little girls, ages 1 and 3 weeks. Kobi is such a good mom. I was really impressed. During the summer she had two little boys and the one year old girl and took them (along with her brother & his kids) to Disneyland. I got to feed the 3 week old baby a bottle. That gave me a baby fix for a few minutes!

We missed Adrian & Jessica there! "A" lives in Canada currently, working with the Olympic organization for the 2010 Calgary Winter Games (way to go A!) and Jess lives in Wisconsin. I asked Melissa (her cousin) why Wisconsin? and she lauged and Kobi said "Why ANYTHING with Jess?" We all laughed. She was the free spirit of the group.

Wow, I miss these girls! We had some really fun times in B-10. GREAT to see you all again!

**************
After the dinner we stopped by another one of my friend's houses. This friend is BIG Dave. I forgot how tall 6'8" is. I met him at a travel study some 14 years ago.... he and his wife had a tragic summer. They lost one of their 19 month old twin boys to a choking accident. It was such a sad story and they were devastated. That's an understatement. They went through IVF to have these two babies in the first place, and then we found out that the accident occured on their wedding anniversary. We talked for a couple of hours about their boy, we looked at pictures and even read a letter from one of the transplant surgeons that did a surgery involving the kidneys he donated to a lady in California. We talked about our worldly travels and about infertility (a trial we both share) and it was great to finally meet Dave's wife. She is very cool! The twin that we did get to meet looks just like his daddy.

It was a great night. It was good to catch up with some of my favorite people from the past. I thought about how blessed I am to have known such incredible people, but also how blessed I am now to have such great friends here in our little town! Let's hear it for friends.

2 comments:

Angie said...

We had a good weekend to catching up with friends from high school one of which we haven't seen for going on ten years too. It is so fun to see people that had an impact on your life in some way.

Trisha said...

I only wish I could see the pictures because this sounds like so much fun!

YEAH FOR FRIENDS!

Old Posts