My summer favorites

7.18.08



We are having such a fun summer I haven't spent near the time on the blog that I would like to. The weather is perfect, the kids are having a blast and I am pooped out by the end of the day. Every day. Who wants to be inside at a computer? (not me) However, I thought I would share some of my summer favorites with everyone....



This is one of my favorite baby pictures of Squirt #1. She was 13 months old in this picture







This one of Squirt #2 shows personality (a lot of which rubbed off from daddy) He was about 8 months old in this one




This is the Squirts' favorite outside game this summer: Crashing trikes. They get far enough away from each other on the sidewalk that they have to yell at each other "ONE, TWO THREE!" Then they come racing at each other screaming and crash into each other at full speed...




Like this:

And crash. Why? I don't have the foggiest. It's fun to watch though.





I LOVE it that this squirt learned how to ride a bike. We can go on family bike rides now. It has been fun.





This is my favorite window box this year. I usually have one or 2 pots or garden spots that do really well. This is one of them this year.





We have a jar that we can draw out activities to do every day when the kids are d0ne with jobs. Making aprons was one of the activites we did. After doing this, I started getting a lot more help in the kitchen cooking dinner, and of course we ALL have to wear our aprons.




This is Landon's apron: I love how he draws people with arms coming right out of their legs






This waterslide has been way fun! It was purchased by the Durrant side of the family (we all pitched in together) and it has been up every weekend I think.






Our firworks show in Logan was beautiful this year! I am thankful for our country and our freedom, thanks to many who fight and give their lives so others can enjoy. What a great sacrifice. It is appreciated.






This is Chip. The kittens have grown! She is getting so darn cute & I can't believe that I like them as much as I do. Chip and Scooby (the little black one) play all the time together. It's quite entertaining.




My favorite summer treat this year: SMORES! Rob recommended I try making them in the oven sometime, so I did. It was ooey gooey for sure but I missed the campfire taste and crisp outside the marshmallow gets roasting it over the fire.





My favorite scripture story (no picture) is when Jesus calms the storm Mark 4:36-41, especially vs 40 that says, "Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?" I don't know why I like this verse except that it makes me reflect about why I fear things I fear and that I don't really need to. He makes things so simple & I feel more peace.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post! I loved all of it. We love you guys and are so excited for Camp Taylor 2k8.

Old Posts