We went camping at Strawberry Reservoir over the weekend! I think I'm supposed to love camping, but I really don't. Aaron & the squirts had a good time. I don't like it because I don't sleep.

Aren't these the cutest kids you've ever seen? Clean or dirty?

We fished from shore on Friday. Corinne was excited she learned to cast her line pretty well.

He's lookin' like a natural!

This is the only catch of the day: a bored crawdad. It actually caught Aaron's line and hung on. The kids couldn't get over it. They never knew such creatures existed.

Since I don't sleep during camp trips, I begged everyone to sleep with me in the van. It was a lot better than a tent, I tell you what, but I still woke up with a crick in my neck and an ache in my leg. I don't quite know what reaction Aaron the photographer was looking for when he took this picture just moments after I woke up. I still felt the need to share it with you all, you know, just for the sake of sharing. And because I have some self esteem and I know you will all still like me anyway.
The day started to get a little dull somewhere in the middle, so we let the kids take turns with the camera. These are Landon's shots:

The van...

The van...

The van wheel....

The van wheel again...

And the ground beneath his feet. Sweet, hu?
These next series are Corinne's shots. She told me some of them were funny and would make me laugh. Here ya go:

Road apples...

Road apples...

And the same pile of road apples at a different angle.
Remember when our parents wouldn't let us take pictures with their cameras because we would waste the film? Thanks to digital, we don't worry about that anymore. I am pretty sure I would have wasted a little film at age 7.
Then she found Evan.

Evan...

Evan...

Landon & Evan...

And Evan again.

I just HAD to stick this last one in just for kicks. And because I still have some self confidence.
We got home Saturday night at 7:00pm. It is now Tuesday night at 11:15. I just got done with all our laundry from the camping trip. *whew*
2 comments:
I have loved looking at the pictures all throughout your blog! You are such a good mom, I hope you know that. I admire the way that you interact with your children.
Hi! It was cool to stumble onto your blog through a comment you left on Trisha's! Looks like life is still good in Richmond. Hope you don't mind if I peek in at your family from time to time here. Your kids have gotten so big in the last two years! I still have them frozen in time in my mind at 3 and 5 years old.
Post a Comment