
Okay, so this isn't Landon's first day of school like I said would be the next post, but I couldn't pass up a little brag on my honey.
I've heard some say that the distance running Olympic events are a little boring to watch. I totally disagree! I guess maybe it helps to be married to someone who used to BE a distance runner. I find it exciting to watch these distance running events with Aaron. I have my own personal commentator!
Aaron's best event was the 1500 meter race. He feels every step and turn these Olympic runners are making. He lays on the couch eating Brownies over the Moon flavored ice cream and says he is VERY happy to be where he is at. He knows their pain and he feels their frustration. He also feels the success of the runners at the lead. He cheers them on without realizing he is talking out loud sometimes.
In Beijing this year, Ed Eyestone has coached a steeple chase olympian from BYU. Ed Eyestone used to be one of Aaron's coaches at Weber State. He has also been the commentator for the distance running events on NBC. Aaron recognizes his voice whenever he is on TV. I've met him a few times and he is a really nice guy. He was an Olympian himself back in the... the... well I don't know when.
Here are some pictures from 1996 and 1997 of a few of Aaron's races. This first picture in particular is memorable for Aaron. He was running the 1500 meter in Portland Oregon where he had his best time ever. His finishing time was 3 minutes and 46 seconds. Does anyone know what time the Olympians are getting on this race in Beijing this year? (11 years later, mind you) The gold medalist is Rashid Ramzi from Bahrian. His time to win the gold medal was 3 minutes and 32.94 seconds. Aaron would have only been behind him some 13 seconds.
Aaron says 13 seconds is a LONG time.

The picture below is a cross country race

The next picture is the WSU cross country team. The arrows are all pointing to Aaron, of course.

I was pretty impressed reviewing these old stats! Aaron logged onto Weber State's website and he is still the 8th fastest runner at WSU ever in the 1,500 meter race.
I've heard some say that the distance running Olympic events are a little boring to watch. I totally disagree! I guess maybe it helps to be married to someone who used to BE a distance runner. I find it exciting to watch these distance running events with Aaron. I have my own personal commentator!
Aaron's best event was the 1500 meter race. He feels every step and turn these Olympic runners are making. He lays on the couch eating Brownies over the Moon flavored ice cream and says he is VERY happy to be where he is at. He knows their pain and he feels their frustration. He also feels the success of the runners at the lead. He cheers them on without realizing he is talking out loud sometimes.
In Beijing this year, Ed Eyestone has coached a steeple chase olympian from BYU. Ed Eyestone used to be one of Aaron's coaches at Weber State. He has also been the commentator for the distance running events on NBC. Aaron recognizes his voice whenever he is on TV. I've met him a few times and he is a really nice guy. He was an Olympian himself back in the... the... well I don't know when.
Here are some pictures from 1996 and 1997 of a few of Aaron's races. This first picture in particular is memorable for Aaron. He was running the 1500 meter in Portland Oregon where he had his best time ever. His finishing time was 3 minutes and 46 seconds. Does anyone know what time the Olympians are getting on this race in Beijing this year? (11 years later, mind you) The gold medalist is Rashid Ramzi from Bahrian. His time to win the gold medal was 3 minutes and 32.94 seconds. Aaron would have only been behind him some 13 seconds.
Aaron says 13 seconds is a LONG time.

The picture below is a cross country race

The next picture is the WSU cross country team. The arrows are all pointing to Aaron, of course.

I was pretty impressed reviewing these old stats! Aaron logged onto Weber State's website and he is still the 8th fastest runner at WSU ever in the 1,500 meter race.
Aaron no longer has an interest in running, but when he puts his mind to getting something done, he still has that drive, that determination to do it the best he possibly can. That makes for a great husband, a great dad, and I'm happy to say he's mine.

8 comments:
I knew he ran but I had no idea how good he was. Very impressive!!!
So absolutely fun to see the pictures! I still think 13 seconds is pretty short.
And the pink camo? FAB!
That is AMAZING! I had no idea that he was a runner! I would love to have the desire to run...but I don't! It sounds like he was PRETTY DARN good too!
I'm pretty sure he is still a record holder at WJHS too! He is great brother too! Go olympians!
I'm pretty sure he is still a record holder at WJHS too! He is great brother too! Go olympians!
I lived in your ward for how many years? And it took moving away to learn that Aaron was a runner! Wow. His times sound pretty darn good to me since I can't handle running to the end of the driveway. I can walk for miles on end, but running? Not me!
Aaron you have been holding out on us!
We too knew you were a runner...but WOW! I am very impressed!
I had no idea erin was a runner. I love the shorts. How neet to be kind of connected to someone at the olympics
Post a Comment