The Birthday Party

9.10.08
On a sad note... Our little cat Scooby got hit by a car and died today in front of our house. It was so sad the rest of the day... the kids cried & made a memorial of him in Corinne's room. Our neighbors, who basically felt that he was their cat too, had a rough time when they heard the news too. I kept telling the kids I was just VERY glad it wasn't them that got hit (right Trish? It was where you got hit all those years ago!)

now back up a few days to Saturday:

Landon's official BIRTHDAY PARTY. He wanted a Scooby-Doo cake. It was fun to make. I realized I enjoy doing it or I wouldn't because it takes a loooonnnng time. Especially with a broken oven. (Thanks for your help, Debbie!) cake decorating is the Martha Stewart side of me. ( I hope Martha's not a VERY big part of me)



Landon got camo pj's from Grandma Durrant. He thinks they are AWESOME and can't wear anything else to bed. In fact, he got some GREAT new toys from everyone (THANKS SO MUCH YA'LL!) He has been really happy with everything he got! Here he is with Evan in the pj's. They are holding twin Lightning MaQueen fruit snacks.


We had shreaded beef in BBQ sauce for dinner that many asked the recipe for. Grab a pen:
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c ketchup
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp molasses
2 tsp chili powder
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp dry mustard
dash of black pepper
Stir all in medium saucepan until it boils and dissolves sugar. Use as a marinade for ribs or whatever meat or use as a BBQ sauce. YUMMY

No, the birthday is not over..... We haven't had FRIENDS over yet!

It was kind of a generic boy party... We made pirate hats, played spit in the eye and had cupcakes in superman wrappers. cool, hu?



The smile says it all: "I AM 5 AND HAPPY ABOUT IT!"

4 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like he had a great time! Sorry about your cat. That is horrible when an animal gets hit.

Trisha said...

Yeah, I came over right after the kitty got hit to return the tiller. It was a sad moment....but yes, this is where I got hit, so at least it was the cat. Looks like a killer party! Way to go with the cake!

Debbie said...

Out of all the cat's that one was my favorite...sorry to hear the news, However I am very glad you didn't have to experience a "Trisha moment".
The Birthday cake looks amazing, you do such a good job!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your cat. I can't believe Lando is off to school!

Old Posts