Freeloaders

10.17.08

If there's one thing I can't stand it's a freeloader. You know, someone who feels "entitled" and thinks they deserve a good life for free. Aaron & I have a jobs for a REASON: We know we need to be self sufficient and support our cute little ones. We expect that others do the same. I don't quite know what to do when I am the one expected to support a freeloader IN MY OWN HOUSE. If anyone has any advice for us, please feel free to advise.


Our problem is the MOOSE. This isn't the first time it has given me trouble either. It stinks. That in itself is a separate post for another day, but today I will address the issue of it's parasitic traits that have driven me to this point. It is taking up HALF MY LIVING ROOM! One entire wall is completely unusable now. Where am I supposed to hang my pictures? How do I clean a room that is now expected to look like "the mountains"?


So the moose and I had a talk. It really was quite one sided. I think it felt pretty dumb and had nothing to say for itself. (typical freeloader)


I said "So hey moose, you have been hanging around this house for a good 6 weeks now and you haven't done a dang thing."


no reply.


"Really, are you going to get a job or something? That is what people do around here. The kids have chores and stuff they are expected to do. What about you?"


once again, no reply. Just those EYES staring at me.


"Well, I positively won't let you just sit around and create a stink all day, and just stare at me working, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, helping the kids with homework, and everything else I do around here and have you just WATCH for pete's sake. I won't have it! UNDERSTAND?!?"


no reply.


"Fine! If I have to assign you some things to do, I will. I won't have you just being lazy letting me do all the work around here. No one else gets to do that and niether will you, you lazy, good for nothing MULE!"


no reply. Not even a blink.


So, for the next hour it dried my underwear. I hope you men aren't offended.

7 comments:

Angie said...

AWESOME!! You have my support. Maybe that is the trick to getting rid of it. I like the use for it. And if you do it long enough maybe Aaron will be sick of it and do something! Your great I loved the post I don't care for free loaders either!!

Debbie said...

Perfect! Put that free loader to work!
I loved the conversation you had with the Moose...it was similar to ones I have had in the past.

I love your new blog look!

Trisha said...

I am totally cracking up right now! You are hilarious!

Trisha said...

And now Jon is laughing too!

kathy said...

I think I told you that my mom hung my dad's moose head in the laundry room over the washer and dryer and used it as a hat rack. It probably had a few other things hung on it over the years, too. I think Mr. Moose has lived in the public part of your house long enough. You've been a good sport. Now move him. Since when did husbands get any say in home decor anyway?

Unknown said...

What a great picture! I had a great laugh about that. I think I'd do the same thing!

LoGunns said...

HA HA! So funny:) I love the doll house too it turned out so cute.

Old Posts