Halloween Festivities!

10.25.08(the day of the party)



If anyone knows my mother, they know she is crazy about holidays. Any holiday, but especially Halloween. Our party rivals Christmas! This year we had a Hawiian luau!!



ALOHA!



This is a photo of the kids playing in the dry ice before dinner. Sorry the pictures are dark. I intended to lighten them, but at this point I'm lucky to get them up here at all.

Grandma always has a few crafts for the kids. They made some colorful sand pens and tiny sand castles.



The dinner always revolves around the party theme. We had tons of fruit, pineapple, coconut, seafood.... if you eat it in Hawaii, it was available here! Yummy dinner! My brother Scott & his wife Karen made the bamboo/grass hut that was the buffet table. Good work guys!




Everyone dresses up and tries to out-do each other every year. Nobody ever "wins" the unspoken dress-up contest because everyone looks awesome! Our family went as the 4 kids in Narnia- The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe: Aaron was Peter, I was Susan, Corinne was Lucy and Landon was Edmond.



Scott was Luigi and Karen was a Hawiaan beauty




The parents were tourists. Thanks for hosting another GREAT Halloween party mom & pop! We all loved it.



Who the heck are these guys? They silently enjoyed the party from the corner.



Lynn and Denise (Brad's parents) were a tourist couple complete with "hello, my name is Lynn/Denise (respectively)" It was awesome!



Mario & Karla were Mark Anthony & Cleopatra, AJ was Mr Popsworth (the hat was made out of pop cans!) Audrey was a pirate, Ian was black spider man, and Alicia & Isaac were Dora & Diego.



Diane, Rob & Shay were Bill, Hillary & a little puppy. Shay HATED the masks! She was crying because they wouldn't put her down (so she could run away) and they wouldn't let her pull off their masks (which is what she did all night long). Diane said "So in the end, we're all dogs"



Cristy & Brad had these blow up costumes: a witch on a ghost, and a Sumo wrestler. I laughed my head off when I saw Brad. He had to walk sideways down the hallway. Tyler was Indiana Jones, Kayden was a black ninja, Mikinley was a ballerina, and Adam & Dillon were Cookie Monster & Elmo.


It was great! We lauged and ate and played great games... It was so much fun! So next year it's all planned out: We will have a Mexican fiesta! Andale Muchachos! Nos vemos el proximo ano para divertirnos otra vez!

6 comments:

Angie said...

What an awesome party you have. It looks like so much fun. What a great time you all have!

hibby76 said...

Hey Teresa,

I just found your blog. I enjoyed the post about your moose! Hope life's treating you well.

Dave H

Debbie said...

Wow! your mom really does go all out.
All the costumes look great and I'm sure you had alot of fun...after you all got there. What a day for you guys.

Hope you are feeling better.

Debbie said...

P.S.
I love your new family picture!
You are BEAUTIFUL!

Unknown said...

I love your family's gusto for Halloween! Your costumes were great. Landon and Corinne looked so cute!!

Brooke said...

Hey Teresa! I found you on Aarons Facebook page. It looks like you guys had such a great party! Your right, it would be impossible to choose a winner. The costumes are all so great! And the second generation of cousins are getting so big! Can't wait to see you next month:)

Old Posts