Communication disorder / The Bidet Pie

11.30.08

Last Sunday I was at church wondering why I had to wait clear till Thursday to have pumpkin pie. I'm a really good listener at church, but I was thinking a little bit about pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie. I decided to just go ahead and have pumpkin pie EARLY! I went right home from church and made our family our very own pumpkin pie. Five days early. I felt like I had to be sneaky so no one would find out. After all, it's like opening Christmas presents a week before Christmas.



As the pie was cooling off, a series of events happened. I will walk you through it because I ended up laughing till I was lying on the floor gasping for breath.


My little ones were watching the movie Garfield.


Aaron was talking on the phone with my friend Debbie. He was inviting her & Archie over for pie, which he saw sitting on the counter cooling off. At the same time, a scene came on in the movie Garfield which left my daughter wondering something:


"Mom, what is that?" Garfield was in the bidet.

Aaron, still on the phone with Debbie, was wondering what kind of pie it was that he was inviting them over to share with us. "Hon, what kind of pie did you make?"

I answered my daughter's question first. "It's a bidet."

Aaron, thinking I was answering his question, told Debbie on the phone (in all seriousness), "It's a bidet pie. I'm sure that's not the same as the bathroom kind. I don't really know what's in it..."

I looked at him and started to laugh. He looked at the TV and saw Garfield in the bidet. Corinne followed up her question with, "what's a bidet, mom?"

I finally caught my breath and answered Aaron's question. "It's a pumpkin pie!"
He realized what he had been telling Debbie. "Oh, it's NOT a bidet pie. It's a pumpkin pie. Teresa was answering Corinne's question..."
By then we were all laughing so hard it took us 10 minutes to calm down.

Moral of the story: a bidet pie would be gross. Don't make it.

7 comments:

kathy said...

Remind me to never eat at your house! Funny! My opinion on pumpkin pie is that it's legal from Halloween to Christmas, and I make sure we have it lot during that time. Mmmmm.

Trisha said...

I am going to lay on the floor now and laugh...thanks!

Angie said...

Awesome. I'm laughing my head off. How funny is that.... I love pumpkin pie too. I think I still have some left from thursday. Do you have a really good recipe?

mandy said...

remind me to never ask for pie at your house. Dang funny!!

Daryl and Ashley said...

I wouldn't even want to know what the recipe entailed. It was good to see you at church. We talked to Aaron for a second after.

Emily said...

Hey guys! Kathy Jones ran across my blog- and then I found you on hers! What a small world! It's fun to see how your kids have grown. I will add you to my list and keep in touch. ~Emily Clark
http://chrisandemilyclark.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Eric really would like to have a bidet. That is a hilarious story.

Old Posts