Landon's first day of school

9.8.08
Okay, okay, so his first day of preschool was a whole week ago, but it was a mighty busy week! He had our Richmond Neighborhood Rotating Preschool (RNRP - wow, that's sounding official) first day last Tuesday Sept. 2nd. There are 5 moms teaching and rotating the class, so I will get my turn every 3rd Tuesday to be the teacher. It's great so far! The kids are Olivia, Mark, Brynlee, Landon & Jessie. I will probably do a post or two on that class sometime in the future when they have class here.
Landon's other preschool class is at a gym in Logan. This one is Mon Wed & Fri. On Mondays he will have tumbling/gymnastics for the 1st hour of preschool, on Wed he will have swimming for the 1st hour, and fri he will have tennis (girls take dance) for the 1st hour. Sometime I will go in and take photos to show everyone. Landon will be busy this school year, and that was the idea. Since Friday was his birthday & he turned 5 he missed the cutoff to go to kidnergarten by 5 days. He needed to have something to do! He was bored last year staying home with me all the time. The day I dropped him off to go to his first class I had a meltdown because I realized how independent my babies are getting. I never had a meltdown with Corinne over it though! What is up with that? I am excited for their progress, despite that meltdown.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like you are working on keeping him busy. Isn't it sad how independent they get and so quick. I just can't believe how things don't phase them but it does us.

mandy said...

That preschool at the sports academy sounds so fun.. I bet he loves it. It doesn't take long for them to become independent

Trisha said...

Ean said Mom yesterday when I came to pick him up from Jon and it was like I was seeing him as a little boy and not a baby! It's crazy how fast it goes!

kathy said...

The rotating preschool sounds like a great idea. I'll bet all the kids love going to each other's houses and having the different moms for teachers instead of always going to the same place and doing the same thing. Landon is so grown up!

Old Posts