Well, many of you know about the moose hunt Aaron went on last year. It was Sept. 1, 2007 that Aaron killed this poor moose. He told me when we were dating & engaged that he was not a hunter. His dad is a hunter though, but he told me I never needed to worry about him going on a hunt or bringing home the dead animal.
Then one day Aaron's dad called with this BIG NEWS that Aaron had drawn out for this once-in-a-lifetime moose hunt. I didn't ever know that for all these years of marriage my father in law has been entering in Aaron's name in all these drawings to go hunting. (Aaron knew, of course)
I can't really say, "gee, look how nice that moose head matches the couch pillows!" or, "Wow, I'm pleased that the decor has now changed to look like the wilderness..."
Rather, I am at a loss for words. I'm quite sure I would never just go out looking for home decor items, suddenly see the MOOSE head at the store and say, "that's IT! I have finally found the centerpiece for my living room wall!" or "I was looking for the perfect item that would stick out into the room FOUR FEET!" Yet, here it is. why, why why? I'm sure this will haunt me for the rest of my natural life.
Aaron is so happy with it though, he wants to invite people over to see his head. I want people to come here to visit the LIVING, not the DEAD. He also thinks it is funny that our little 4 year old friend Olivia from up the road almost cried when she saw it. "It freak OUT me!" she said.
Corinne first told me it was going to give her nightmares. Now she says it doesn't bother her. Landon thinks it's ok... he's a guy. He has no taste in home decor. (That's probably normal and I am GLAD he has no interest in that sort of thing at this point).
Aaron says we should have a vote and give the thing a name. Corinne's nomination for a name is Muffin. Landon's nomiation for a name is Chuckie. Aaron's nomination for the name is Moses. If you care to vote, just leave a comment for one of these three.
As for me, I don't care about the thing at all. I hope one day (sooner than later) someone steals it.

6 comments:
My mom made my dad put all his "trophies" in the basement family room, except for his moose head, which she hung over the washer and dryer in the laundry room and used as a hat rack. Maybe you can throw a sheet over yours for Halloween and say it's a moose ghost. At Christmas you can put a Santa hat on it. Good luck!
OH Teresa! As you know I grew up with an elk head perched in our house too....I didn't have any traumatic experiences except I was always a little afraid that it might fall off the wall on top of me. And I used to climb up and touch the fake eyes just to see what would happen...
As for a name, I only vote against Chuckie, since it reminds me of that scary doll and things coming alive in the night.
I'm glad that Jon is not a hunter.
I Love it you made me laugh. I do agree on the home decor of dead animals. I think we had this confession a week or two ago. I love your thoughts on it. Maybe if you leave the house open I can gather some people and we can steal it for you! Think it over and let me know.
I am laughing my head off right now!
Love your thoughts on this situation. I have to agree with Trish on the "Chuckie" name...perhaps you could name it "WILD THING".
I won't be so hard on Archie about catching flies and spiders and letting them go outside if it keeps him from being a hunter that hangs his prize on the wall.
Too funny!! I am glad I was there to witness the momentous moose mounting. It sure made the guys happy to mount that moose on the wall. I think it makes the guys feel like MEN to say, "yah, I killed that huge animal and now I am going to display it so everyone knows what a tough guy I am." Teresa, you are a very nice wife!
I vote chuckie love whitney
Post a Comment