4.8.08

Hello, beautiful!

We are all excited to go out and start playing in the grass & flowers!

There are signs of spring everywhere! Jasmine had her kittens. (4 of them) They share the same birthday as James. They have been under our neighbor's bed for the past 3 weeks (another story for another time) and have just come back to our house this weekend. The squirts are thrilled and are always outside playing with them. This little white one is trying to be brave enough to come outside of the little cat house to say hello. As soon as she came out she was scared out of her wits and meowed her lungs out.

"Meatball" came out to see what all the fuss was about. He thought his sister looked pretty cool out of the cat house and decided to follow.

But this was as far as he got. Sister has more guts.

It scared both of them so bad they huddled up and we haven't seen them out since.

Spring also brings around these guys. Landon got stung on the finger today. He was pretty upset for a while. He thinks it is a bee, so when I say "bee" it really means wasp. I tried to explain the difference but he still thought it was a bee, so we had the following conversation:
Landon: mom, do bees sometimes sting people on the bum?
mom: yes, I got stung on the bum one time. I sat down in a lawn chair and sat right on one. It stung me on the bum. It hurt, too.
Landon: did you put a bandaid on it?
mom: no, I just let it get better all by itself.
Landon: why didn't you put a bandaid on it?
mom: I didn't want a bandaid on my bum.
Landon: why not?
mom: I just didn't. It didn't hurt for very long, so I didn't need one.
Landon: did you not put a bandaid on it because you didn't want to get poop on your bandaid?
mom: (no response) *trying not to laugh*
Landon: 'cause if you have a bandaid on your bum you might get poop on the bandaid, huh.
mom: I guess you could.
Landon: so we don't put bandaids on our bums, huh mom.
mom: yeah, I guess that's why we don't put bandaids on our bums.
2 comments:
I love the way kids think! Way to go Landon! Beautiful pictures - I hope spring is on it's way! It is freezing here today and i am ready for it to warm up!
Your camera and photography is so awesome! I would love to be able to take pictures like that. I LOVE the picture of James. Oh and I laughed out loud about your conversation about bees.
Post a Comment